January 6, 2004
Sewer Committee Meeting Minutes: January 6, 2004,
Present: Charlie Lents, Kenny Lanning, Hilda E. Schryver, Barb Rohm, Dixie Bryant, Chris Townsend, Lou & Pat Harting, Marilyn Meyer, Ron Sansone. Absent, Mike Higgins.
Guest Speaker: Mark Hubert, Project Manager, Metropolitan Engineering & Surveying, Barnhart, MO.
Report would include:
· Lake Tishomingo present population
· Preliminary lay out of sewer system
· Potential maximum population growth
· Cost of whole system
· Per lot, lineal ft + connection fee
· Monthly usage rate per home
· Study estimated time of completion; between 1 to 2 months.
Preliminary Study Cost:
· $1500 (rough approximation at this point)
Areas where system is installed:
· Valley Lake (200 homes—also where Mark lives—sewer rate, $29/month now—installed mid 70’s) they have 1 full time & 1 half time person maintaining the system. They also have Maintenance people for sewer & water.
· St. Mary’s
· Olympia Village (150 homes)
Other areas of discussion:
· Maintenance (limited discussion)
Feedback from first meeting: Mike Higgins asked Jefferson County if we could bill out on a per lot basis? It is feasible. Lots can be consolidated and as long as it is fair. Suggestion: Print out map in big print, color code in green as owners agree to the sewer project until we have two thirds of the map completed. This is a definitive way and a graphic representation to send to the County.
Water System: Construction along with the Sewer (possibility) Approximate figures:
· Two wells $200,000
· Storage Tank-- $200,000
· Back-up generator (possibility) $ 30,000
· Site work add 15% $ 64,500
Thank you all for your contribution, attendance and input.
Next meeting is Wednesday, January 14, 2004, 7pm, Ron Sansone’s house, telephone number 636-271-4844.
Agenda for next meeting:
Update on information from 1997 for funding options
· DNR (Department of Natural Resources)
· EPA Environmental Protection Agency)
· Make 1 Copy of Conceptual Sewer Plan Map for information purposes
· Check & discuss a possible meeting with other lake associations to discuss their experiences or overall opinions with their sewer/water system. Report back to sewer committee on the meeting date.
Guest Speaker: Gene Fribis, Fribis Engineering, Imperial, MO